Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Top Ten Software Architecture Mistakes

Just read this article from insider newsletter, mistakes mentioned in the article are:

  1. Scoping Woes.
  2. Not Casting Your Net Widely.
  3. Just Focusing on Functions.
  4. Box and Line Descriptions.
  5. Forgetting That It Needs to be Built.
  6. Lack of Platform Precision.
  7. Making Performance and Scalability Assumptions.
  8. DIY Security.
  9. No Disaster Recovery.
  10. No Backout Plan.
The article is written by: Eoin Woods, he is a software and enterprise architect at UBS Investment Bank. you may read the main article with some more details and comments here at infoq.com

It is good to know them but I think there should be more than these 10 for me... :)
For now I think No.5 id the most important for me... I always go too fast in my mind :)

No comments: